Philadelphia Family Court is still following federal and state guidance that visits must occur by phone or video, [Heather Keafer] said, but DHS leadership is considering options to restart team meetings if the situation continues beyond Apr. 6.
CB urges all courts, CIPs [Court Improvement Programs], and administrative offices of the courts to:
● Discourage or refrain from issuing blanket court orders reducing or suspending familytime;
● Be mindful of the need for continued family time, especially in times of crisis andheightened anxiety;
● Remain cognizant that interruption or cessation of family time and parent-child contact can be traumatic for children;
● Continue to hold the child welfare agency accountable for ensuring that meaningful,frequent family time continues;
● Become familiar with ways in which in-person visitation may continue to be held safely;